lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
kliss
Not Yet Wild

Default 48v Golf Cart Charger

My old charger took a crap! I'm looking for a new one. I seen these on Amazon, but don't know much about them. Has anyone used one or heard anything good/bad about them? Kinda skeptical about the low amp charging. I have a 2002 Club Car. Also not sure about the on board computer.
Attached Images
File Type: png charger.png (395.8 KB, 0 views)
kliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2018, 10:33 AM   #2
Gazoo
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 48v Golf Cart Charger

I might very well be wrong but I think this thing is more of a trickle/maintenance charger. It is severely lacking in amps so I can't see it being very good at bringing the pack back from a 60% state of charge. You know what they say...you get what you pay for...
Gazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
kliss
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I might very well be wrong but I think this thing is more of a trickle/maintenance charger. It is severely lacking in amps so I can't see it being very good at bringing the pack back from a 60% state of charge. You know what they say...you get what you pay for...
That's what I was thinking too, just didn't know if this was a different technology or easier on the batteries or somehitng along the lines like that. Hope someone has used or know about them more.
kliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:41 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post

5 amps ain't gonna do it.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If you have your OBC and still want to maintain it, just look around in the Parts Forum and you will find some OEM's. Here is one http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-...r-charger.html

If you are going without the OBC or want to bypass it, then get with Scottyb or TahoedawgZ71 (both are site sponsors) and they can get you a DPI Accusense or similar to meet your needs
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:12 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Golf Cart batteries need a charger with the capacity to bulk charge at 10% of the battery capacity. For 48v systems this is usually accepted as 18v. THis bulk charge is where the batteries get about 80% of the amperage replenished and the heavy elements are lifted off the bottom of the cell by the gassing process and mixed back into the water.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car