lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #1
aditya369007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Need opinions on the health of the controller and OBC

Hello All,

I was attempting to fix a problem that I had with the MCOR on the Precent excel i2 and it was sending out voltage of -7 on the high side and the low side of the potentiometer of the accelerator pedal.

I had done all the tests that pertain to the health of the OBC by following the manual and then moved onto testing all the 16 pins on the controller.

While testing pin 7, the controller sparked. And also I am currently unable to connect the main wires to the battery terminals as it is also sparking during connection.

So the main question is did I damage the motor controller ?
Because I am not able to reconnect the batteries, I am unable to test the health of the OBC also. Is that damaged too?

Are there any more tests that I can perform to reach a better conclusion?

Many thanks in advance.

aditya369007

aditya369007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2018, 04:46 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Need opinions on the health of the controller and OBC

Not sure about the controller as you will have to power it up to see if anything is damaged.

In regards to your sparking when connecting the batteries, this is normal as you probably have a voltage reducer or something causing it so a quick way to discharge it (Sergio's idea) is to take an incandescent light bulb and place it on the post and touch the cable to the threaded side of the bulb for ~15 seconds or so and then you should be able to land the cable.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
aditya369007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need opinions on the health of the controller and OBC

Hello thank you for your quick reply.I have performed the procedure, but the connecting wire still sparks, while connection.
The bulb did glow faintly upon connection so I am quite sure that it did discharge.
aditya369007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller dead, mcor, obc, precedent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car