lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2018, 06:56 AM   #11
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car braking issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
Those single ubolts may be ok with a stock cart but look precarious with a lift block. This is a kit with 4 ubolts. It requires new plates top and bottom to accommodate the extra clamping. Which are provided.

http://www.americanliftkits.com/club...-arm-lift-kit/
I see them in the kit but wonder if they're available as an add-on to this setup, whatever it is.

The lifts kits aren't worth the trouble. It seems there are so many cons for a purely aesthetic upgrade.
casey344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2018, 07:11 AM   #12
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

They are only an aesthetic upgrade for some. Some of us need the ground clearance for where we use our carts. My cart has been over logs and through rutted ditches that would have a stock cart still stuck there rusting away. For necessity, not play.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:12 AM   #13
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just check with the guy who built the cart and here's what I have.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:30 AM   #14
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

About $125 cheaper than the All Sports kit. There is your answer. Might be fine for some, but not always.

Single bolts instead of u-bolts are inherently less secure for clamping axles than u-bolts. Then the issue is compounded by only two single bolts per side instead of two u-bolts. You can see the obvious superior clamping ability in the All Sports installation diagram. There may be others that offer four u-bolts too. I'm not hawking the All Sports brand specifically. Just the style of rear axle mounting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Club Car U-Bolt System.JPG (61.3 KB, 0 views)
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:20 AM   #15
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought this cart to get me by while the RXV is being built so don't want to have too much more than the $4650.00 I have invested in it so far. He wants to try replacing the brake shoes next.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car