lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2018, 11:11 AM   #11
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 22” Tires tear up stock motor?

Dave,

Nice talking with you this morning. The factory GE motor on your cart will hold up fine with 22" tires if you're not continuously stalling it or pulling heavy loads. If you upgrade the controller it's not going to last. The GE Motor used in early IQ cars has very small brushes and any increase in power is simply too much for it. It won't work long in hilly terrain.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #12
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 22” Tires tear up stock motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
2 AWG is heavier gauge and will allow even more current. 4 AWG is plenty for most applications, but it will heat up more than 2 AWG.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59

What Luke said. Your ultimate goal here is no heat in the wires - size of the wire to achieve that can be different for everyone due to their usage. But anytime you get heat in wires it’s wasted energy, less of it gets to where it’s supposed to go because it’s being converted to heat before it gets there. Even though that’s the ultimate goal - your never going to eliminate it completely, even my 2ga ScottyB wires get pretty warm after a hard ride through rough woods.

That being said, bigger cables will put more strain on the next weakest link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #13
dwood927
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 22” Tires tear up stock motor?

thanks to all for your input - this forum is fantastic. I have surely learned a ton about the cart over the last week thanks to this site. I have discovered this week that my relay in my Power Drive 2 charger has gone bad. Originally thought it was OBC but after further tests, have pinpointed it to be the relay. I have ordered a new relay and hopefully that does the trick. Regarding the Power Drive 2 charger - I noticed some sticky residue like stuff when I pulled the cover off of the charger a few days ago. Is that a concern? What is that stuff?
dwood927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car