lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2019, 10:34 PM   #1
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Anyone in the North Austin, TX area know how to wring an Alltrax XCT500IQ

Got myself confused in the install and looking for someone in the area that might drop by for compensation?
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2019, 10:35 PM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone in the North Austin, TX area know how to wring an Alltrax XCT500IQ

Not sure about your local area, but I bet there’s a ton of people on here that can help you. What’s the problem you’re having?
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:37 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone in the North Austin, TX area know how to wring an Alltrax XCT500IQ

Yeah, talk to us. We can walk you right thru it. It is really fairly easy.....

What is wrong? Post a couple of pics if that is easier....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 08:10 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

This is the biggest collection of experts I have seen on the internet here.
Post specifics and pictures and you will have the answers you need
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #5
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well had a bad night and didn't sleep well... going to try and sleep in a bit.

First obvious issue is there is no resistor in my kit. I have the upgraded 400amp solenoid and saw where at one time it was no longer needed with that unit, then changed back to needed. Can I use the OE resistor from the OE solenoid for now until I get the one that was supposed to be in the kit?

Second, ScottyB's instructions say A1 to J9, and A2 to B+. Alltrax instructions say the opposite. Which is it with this XCT500IQ control and A4 motor?

When I get up, I will post a run down of ALL the connections with some pics.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:45 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Don't get confused. We gotcha. J7 (F1), J8 (F2), J9 (M- Factory White cable). You can run the A's to either, B+ or M-, but it is the orientation of them in combination with F1 & F2 that makes the difference as it will determine if your cart runs in forward when you select FWD or if it runs in reverse.

If you run A1 (White cable) to M- (J9) and then run A2 (Green cable) to B+, then run F2 (at motor) to J7 on controller, then run F1 at motor to J8 at controller your Fwd/Rev rocker will be correct. If you want to swap the cable at B+ and M- around then F1 at motor would go to J7 and F2 at motor would go to J8.

I have not read scottyb's instructions but I assume he was trying to prevent you from having to swap the F1 & F2 around at the controller because the Rev.G drawing for Alltrax wiring diagram will have you going in reverse with their terminations....

You should have a Regen Diode on the large posts that came from Alltrax and you should have a suppression diode on the small post that you would need to come from your supplier for the solenoid. No precharge resistor needed with the XCT as it is handled by the controller thru the Run/Tow switch.

Note- On both diodes the banded end must be towards the battery/positive activation wire. See here.. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1557532
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:50 AM   #7
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

You probably don’t need a pre charge resistor for that XCT. Scotty will tell us.
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #8
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

From my understanding, he will need it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...th-diodes.html
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:58 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

No pre-charge resistor on solenoid big posts, just the "Regen Diode" goes between the big posts.

As far as the Armature and Field connections these are the two possible ways to correctly connect them:
Controller B+ to Motor A1 and Controller F1 to Motor F1
Controller B+ to Motor A2 and Controller F1 to Motor F2
The other Motor Armature post goes to M-.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #10
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

The two different ways to wire it must’ve been what’s going on. I will go downstairs and take a look at it in a little bit. As for the resister, one absolutely did not come in the box from Scotty B. I guess it should have. Where or how do I get that post haste? And can I use the stock resister off the stock solenoid to get me by? I do have the FN so I can turn regen down, but don’t want to be dead in the water waiting on something I should have already had. I have a Mastiff waiting for her normal trips to the lake (carts her transport).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car