lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
catfishjn69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default xi 875 industrial cart reverse buzzer

finishing up my 875. the reverse buzzer was missing. i pretty sure i found the black wire. but hooking up the red wire is where i am having issues. on the 2 micro switches on the fnr switch there is a red/purple and an orange/blue. the wiring diagram i have doesnt show the orange wire but with a little research i thought that it was for the speed controller to limit reverse speed and this is where the red wire for the buzzer went. but when connected it buzzes in forward and reverse. i touched it to all the terminals on the micro switches and none of them seemed to only work in reverse. any idea on where to hook up the red lead for the buzzer.
serial number is 11164
manfacturing code is j1192

thanks
jeremy
catfishjn69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: xi 875 industrial cart reverse buzzer

Industrial carts may have different colors, but there are two microswitches on the back of the FNR. One closes only in reverse, and the other closes in forward and reverse, but opens in neutral, if that helps.

I've attached a standard wiring diagram for a series cart, which yours is - microswitches on the FNR.

You may have a bad microswitch or it may be maladjusted/bent.

Does the cart run at only 1/2 speed in reverse?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series- No A1 -Lo-Current traced.JPG (70.3 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:19 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a service manual for a 92 XI-875
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:52 PM   #4
catfishjn69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

well i took it out and ran it and it goes same speed in reverse and forward. is that the only thing that micro switch does is derate the motor? what kind of adjustments/ or trouble shooting can you do on the micro switch, i assume it is on or off.
thanks
jeremy
Old 03-25-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

No real adjustment, but you can visually confirm that the switch you need to attach the beeper to closes only in reverse. I didn't know whether you had a handheld multimeter to test the switches. I also suspect the beeper may have been put on the wrong microswitch. Does the beeper sound with the FNR in neutral?
Old 03-25-2019, 07:15 PM   #6
catfishjn69
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

there was no beeper i just got one today.i do have a multimeter and can test the switch. when i hooked it up to the microswitch i thought is should go to (orange wire) it would work in forward and reverse not in neutral.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishjn69 View Post
there was no beeper i just got one today.i do have a multimeter and can test the switch. when i hooked it up to the microswitch i thought is should go to (orange wire) it would work in forward and reverse not in neutral.
I think you're on the wrong microswitch. Test the other one. The correct one will only close in neutral. Look at the attachment JohnnyB sent you, and see if it has a wiring diagram. Assuming an industrial cart has 1/2 speed reverse, it sounds like that microswitch may not be functional.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO