lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2019, 02:58 PM   #1
slingshot ammo
Not Yet Wild

Default The identity questions continue

Thanks Andy & Brob for helping identify the system I am dealing with .
An EZGO L499 TXT 48volt 4wd with a bad boy buggy package added .
The buggy has an ITS throttle . The buggy stopped moving when the 48 volt wire from the accelerator pedal on-off switch shorted out to (and burned in half ) the ITS signal wire going to the Logisystems controller . The Logisystems controller has no identity markings on it . I repaired the wiring and got no movement from the cart . The controller receives a 48 volt control signal when the pedal switch closes , the controller sends a 4.6 volt to the ITS coil in the accelerator . As long as the signal wire that returns to the controller is not hooked to the controller it delivers a reduced voltage . when the wire is attached to the controller the voltage is not readable ( like it is grounded ) .
So I decided that a new controller was needed .
The cart is 48 volts .the main contactor is clearly marked 48 volts and works well .
The forward and reverse contactor coils are controlled by 36 volt signals .
The 2 motors are clearly marked 8 hp.
They are also clearly marked 36 volts .
Without a working controller it's hard to tell but would appear that they would receive 48 volts while in operation .
Is this normal and how ?
I need to order a controller but have no idea which one so please tell me if this is odd or not !
slingshot ammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
slingshot ammo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: The identity questions continue

Morning has anyone seen a setup close to this ?
Is this bad boy buggies version of high performance ?
Old 04-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: The identity questions continue

You can run a 36 volt motor on 48 volts without any problems. The motor will have more torque and a little more top end also from the voltage increase.
I'm not sure as to why you would have a 48 volt controller using 36 volt F/R contactors though, this doesn't sound correct to me. The only reason I see this being is if some one replaced them and didn't know the voltage are they where just trying to save a bit of money.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

You can use 36V contactors/solenoids with a 48V system. It will help prevent dropout of the solenoid coil voltage under heavy amp draw, as a dual motor system would demand. If the voltage on the coils drops out while the cart is in operation, the solenoid contacts will open and the current moving across them will cause a significant arc which will damage the contacts.

Many people upgrade 36V carts to 48V supply and use the 36V motors they had. It bumps up motor speed and torque and as long as they're not tying to turn huge tires or run through heavy mud or rough offroad use the motors are fine to handle that.

Electronic parts like computers and controllers, sensors, etc. don't tolerate over-voltage very well. Mechanical parts, motors, solenoids, can usually handle it fine.

You have a 48V power supply, you need a 48V controller.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:59 PM   #5
slingshot ammo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks so much guys this clears some things up .
As i said before the wiring doesn't match anything i can find on available diagrams . The F/R contactor coils are supplied with 48 volt + but the - goes thru the F/R rocker switch and is connected at the 36 volt - point on the batteries .
Everything functions but the wheels and thanks to ya'll I now know what type of controller to look for .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO