lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2019, 10:01 PM   #1
flaco1801
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default HD Forward Reverse Switch

I installed a 400 amp Alltrax, a 400 amp solenoid and tonight i installed the Heavy Duty 5799 series switch...I photographed and marked the control wires to make sure of an easy install....When i was ready to put it back together i sparked a wire on one of the contacts...I put it back at the same location on the new switch....I put it back together without that wire to see what i had done...The cart ran fine and i had no issues...I took a closer look and that wire was a second B positive from another battery, and it worked fine...now it's working without that second B positive...i am curious as to why it worked with 2 B positives and now working with 1 B positive...Thanks, Jeff.....good thing i have nothing to replace with wires anymore...
flaco1801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2019, 07:13 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD Forward Reverse Switch

What does the second unused wire come from? Come from another battery?
Is it smaller gauge wire like maybe coming from the 12 volt converter?
Need more info on where wire comes from, connects to.

Example my 12 volt converter is not switched so always on,always drawing voltage,be it low it will cause a spark when reconnecting battery leads.
But leave it disconnected I would have no 12 volt assecories.
Can you give us more info or pic’s of wiring?

Also year and type of cart so forum can help.😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:46 AM   #3
flaco1801
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD Forward Reverse Switch

I think the person who wired the old switch used a Battery positive for each contact...There was no jumper wire between the contacts, one contact had a battery positive and the other contact had a battery positive from another battery...When i connected the second battery positive it sparked because the new switch had the contacts jumped....I should have realized this but i was so intent on making the same connections i never realized what was done previously...I was lucky nothing blew, not even a fuse...It's a 2000 Western cart...
flaco1801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO