lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2008, 09:53 PM   #21
timbo2
Getting Wild

Default Re: Bad Charger, or bad OBC?

about your earlier post before you purchase another obc you need to know if you have a regen 2 car or a iq car both obc's are differrent, these units where made for club car by lester electronics and you need to match up the lester number i can help you with this if you need, the obc mostly controls the charger on and off, voltage, and amperge, and charge times in rare cases the car will not run if the obc fails but not often this system is a very good battery management tool.
timbo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #22
timbo2
Getting Wild

I Dont Know How Long You Are Letting It Charge, But Let It Charge Over Night It May Take 8 To 12 Hours Depending On How Dead They Are, The Charger Should Time Out @ 16 Hours, Let It Charge Your Batteries Are March 03 Five Years Old They May Be Getting Tired,
Old 03-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #23
gearhead_hotrod
Not Yet Wild

most of the 48v club cars that i have in stock does have the charge light that stays on i found that on most club cars i have messed with over the years
gearhead_hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM   #24
BigDaddyRog
Not Yet Wild

Location: Mandeville, LA...bout 30 miles north of New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_hotrod View Post
most of the 48v club cars that i have in stock does have the charge light that stays on i found that on most club cars i have messed with over the years
Gearhead....do you work at Interstate Golf Carts?? Im right down the street from you in Mandeville!!
BigDaddyRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #25
gearhead_hotrod
Not Yet Wild

yes i used to work at cheds colf carts of america in robert but im at interstate golf carts now we have mostly ezgos and a few clubcars where did you get your clubcar from the paint is awesome
gearhead_hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #26
BigDaddyRog
Not Yet Wild

I bought it on ebay from a guy in Alabama, thats a bodyskinz wrap (not paint) that I put on it last week, it came out pretty decent...still need a windshield and roll bar, diamond plate floor mat and higher HP motor and controller. Ive been to Cheds before, went there when I first started shopping for a cart......everything Ive done to update this cart came from ebay except for the wrap....I got it from "golf car graphics".
Old 04-15-2010, 06:08 AM   #27
indacup
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

This information confuses me..
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo2 View Post
Take The Lead - Cable Loose And Put It In Reverse For About 30 Seconds With The Accelerator Pedal Fully Depressed, This Will Reboot The Obc Try That. It Sounds Like A Bad Obc. But You Need To Load Test The Batteries.
Am I supposed to LOOSEN the lead cable...aka disconnect it so the cart will not run, THEN put it in reverse w/ accelerator down for 30 seconds?

Thanks!
indacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:49 PM   #28
timbo2
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by indacup View Post
This information confuses me..

Am I supposed to LOOSEN the lead cable...aka disconnect it so the cart will not run, THEN put it in reverse w/ accelerator down for 30 seconds?

Thanks!
yes take the lead negative cable loose on the lead battery with the key switched on put it in reverse and depress the accelerator pedal to the floor for about 30 seconds but of coarse have the rear wheels jacked up
Old 04-15-2010, 01:02 PM   #29
indacup
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo2 View Post
yes take the lead negative cable loose on the lead battery with the key switched on put it in reverse and depress the accelerator pedal to the floor for about 30 seconds but of coarse have the rear wheels jacked up
That's awesome!

Thank you VERY much for your help!
indacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #30
BigDaddyRog
Not Yet Wild

No reason to jack the rear wheels up if the batteries arent connected.....but, yes...that method DOES work for resetting the obc. If you listen VERY closely, you should even hear the quietest click at the 30 second mark.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car