lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2010, 01:11 AM   #11
ckdgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: How to change a brake cable on a Precedent IQ

Hi,
Pull up the floor mat on the Precedent and lift up the little access cover under the mat to access the brake adjustment rod. There are (2) 1/2" lock nuts on the rod, back them off, turn the piece in the middle and now the brake cables should be loose. The brake removal tool makes life much easier but you can also release the clips with a pair of needlenose pliers and the pull the cable out to replace it. Hope this helps!
ckdgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #12
Golfcrter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How to change a brake cable on a Precedent IQ

Hi guys. I’m also trying to replace driver side cable and called and purchased from buggies unlimited I think is the name. The part I bought was #7881. I read some where that there might be a change in cables and or equalizer for my 2009 precedent cc? Also getting cable out of the mechanism is very difficult with needle nose should I get the tool? Where can I purchase it? Thanks in advance!
Golfcrter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car