lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #21
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CLub car D/S I/Q Throttle

Sorry,

Yes I read the thread, I guess my question is I should be able to adjust evrything and get my 2 3/4" movement down to 1"?

Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #22
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Sorry,

Yes I read the thread, I guess my question is I should be able to adjust evrything and get my 2 3/4" movement down to 1"?

Steve
Yes . . should be able to
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #23
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Mine has the mcor, so i guess all I can do is the rubber tube/zip tie to take out some of the slop. I don't think on the mcor you could get it down to 1" before engagement/click?
Old 08-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #24
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Mine has the mcor, so i guess all I can do is the rubber tube/zip tie to take out some of the slop. I don't think on the mcor you could get it down to 1" before engagement/click?
Mine is 2003 DS IQ with MCOR. I had about 2.75 inches and installed the fuel hose on the rod that rest against the pedal. It now has just over an inch before it clicks. You won't know for sure till you try but it takes minutes to give it a go. Hope it works.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #25
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

I took everthing apart, all of it. I made a mark on the mcor when its at the max. I'm going to Lowes and try to find some kind of tube etc, I already had zip ties on it before but I think they were to small, some of the bushing are a little worn that the rod goes thru, the one closest to the pedal side is the worst, I'm thinking about swapping with the other side if I can. With the max mark on the mcor when I put everything back together I could check that its at max.
Steve
Old 08-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #26
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I took everthing apart, all of it. I made a mark on the mcor when its at the max. I'm going to Lowes and try to find some kind of tube etc, I already had zip ties on it before but I think they were to small, some of the bushing are a little worn that the rod goes thru, the one closest to the pedal side is the worst, I'm thinking about swapping with the other side if I can. With the max mark on the mcor when I put everything back together I could check that its at max.
Steve
Steve

I'm not knowledgable enough to comment further but i'll make a couple guesses. First I would not go to lowes for tubing. Most of the product there is soft. Fuel hose from an auto supplier will work better. It's harder than the clear tubing you find at the hardware stores. Second I'm not sure marking the max position on your MCOR will tell you anything. It's possible something less than max (if your unable to obtain max with your hose shim) will give you a full throttle signal to your MCOR. Tahoedawg could answer that. Just try the fuel hose. It might be as simple as that. If not report back and others will jump in on how to use a voltmeter to check your throttle position and MCOR.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #27
Dinger
Not Yet Wild

The local Club Car dealer told me about the tube thing on the fork of the MCOR shaft. But what I did was take the shaft over to a vise and slightly pinch the fork together a small amount until the fork just fits snuggly around the excellerator pedal shaft with no further slop. I have done this about 35 times on 2002 carts at the golf club and had 100% excellerator power every time with no problems. Takes about 3 minutes total.
Dinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #28
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
The local Club Car dealer told me about the tube thing on the fork of the MCOR shaft. But what I did was take the shaft over to a vise and slightly pinch the fork together a small amount until the fork just fits snuggly around the excellerator pedal shaft with no further slop. I have done this about 35 times on 2002 carts at the golf club and had 100% excellerator power every time with no problems. Takes about 3 minutes total.
Dinger

I have heard others mention they did this as well with good results. I was concerned about the pliabilty of the fork as it appears similar to pot metal. If your 35 and 0 for breaking one I would say your on to something
Old 08-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #29
Dinger
Not Yet Wild

Yes, never broke one. You don't have to bend it very much. 1/16 of an inch or so. Gently.
Dinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #30
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

All,

I used some small pex tubing and it is now very tight. I put everyhting back together and it's still maxed out at 19MPH on the flat. The pedal now engages/clicks at 1 ", I think thats all I'm going to get with a series DS 03 48 volt cart, it's not a IQ. Thanks for the help. On a side not last year I added zip ties and shaved the back of the pedal, I think I was already at the max for the mcor.
Steve
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car