lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #1
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default FYI... let me vent for a minute

To all of you people who are having trouble inserting your charger plug into your charger receptacle, please spray WD40 into the receptacle. PLEASE! I got chewed out by a customer today who refused to believe it. He ended up pressing the charger plug so hard into the receptacle that it broke the back of the receptacle out. Of course it's not his fault. "The pins are too big on the charger plug" He's had the car for three years. I guess they grew overnight. But seriously, it's in the service book. If it's hard to insert, spray it with some WD40. It'll slide right in.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: FYI... let me vent for a minute

Vent away guy. Your allowed
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

i like the cheapo silicon spray from wal-mart. dries clear, no greasy/oily residue!
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Vent away guy. Your allowed
lol... People just amaze me. Had a guy call me this past Saturday and leave me a message on my company phone. He was pissed when I called him Monday because he hadn't heard from me all weekend. Claims he ordered a solenoid to fix his charging system problem himself since he hadn't heard from me. Some people amaze me. But at the same time, there's some really good people out there. Just seems like you've gotta dig hard to find them.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Ah, the hazards of the service business, I feel for you.
No one ever calls to tell you what a great guy you are or what a good job you did. The only time they call is because they have a problem and if it's under warranty they're PO'd because the POS shouldn't break down or it's not warranty and they're going to have to spend money.
Blow it off, have an attitude adjusting cocktail and call it a day.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

david i feel your pain, its not just in the service places i hear it in the friggin campground.......there is something a lot of so called really smart people lack? anyone wanta guess..............its called common sense.........there are things you just shouldn,t have to tell people with their carts like the WD-40 cause anyone with an oz of common sense should know........oh don,t get me started...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

What's WD-40?

Just kidding :) We appreciate all you do for us here David... there's one in every crowd!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
gsp041
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hang in there David!
After over 30 years in public safety, people's behavior never cease to amaze me. Most of them you can never satisfy regardless of what you do and alot of the time it's the ones that you go out of your way to help that ends up coming back to bite you in the ***. Just know that there are alot of us out here that appreciate you and the help you give us.
THANKS AGAIN!!!
Bob
gsp041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 AM   #9
noserider
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
To all of you people who are having trouble inserting your charger plug into your charger receptacle, please spray WD40 into the receptacle. PLEASE! I got chewed out by a customer today who refused to believe it. He ended up pressing the charger plug so hard into the receptacle that it broke the back of the receptacle out. Of course it's not his fault. "The pins are too big on the charger plug" He's had the car for three years. I guess they grew overnight. But seriously, it's in the service book. If it's hard to insert, spray it with some WD40. It'll slide right in.
Cool...I just fixed my oversized pins with a little lube. Nice tip thanks.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:58 AM   #10
Gso125
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
What's WD-40?
"Water Displacement*– 40th Attempt" LOL
Gso125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car