lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #11
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plum Quick Bandit + 500 AMP Controller OR Executioner w/ Stock Controller

Mine won't stop for chit! (@ 21 MPH) Waiting on Brown to bring new brakes...

Would the Executioner be worth the extra money if one does not put more power to it?
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
skymast
Not Yet Wild

Default Plum Quick Bandit + 500 AMP Controller OR Executioner w/ Stock Controller

Based on what I understand and what it says on the PQ Web Site, you can do the Executioner with a stock controller (300AMP) and get pretty close to 30. They do recommend you do the wires as well, I don't know if thats simply a good thing to do of if it helps on the torque ... maybe both.

As I cycle through all of the information, here is how I distill it for my purpose / with my set up:

08 Precedent, 12" wheels, LP tires, Not lifted, Rear seat. Mostly flat and simply used as an NEV ....

Bandit - $225. This took me from 18 to 23 mph

Bandit + 500 Amp Controller + Wires ~$1,000. My understanding is that this will provide a lot more Torque and maybe another 1 - 2 MPH

Executioner - $590. According to the PQ Site, this will get me pretty close to 30 MPH

Executioner + Controller + Wires ~ $1,400. This is about the same speed with more torque.

Clearly the biggest bang for the buck is the bandit, and it's expensive to get that next 5 MPH out of a cart. My inclination is to swap the Bandit for the Executioner and leave it at that. I say this largely because my area is flat and the Bandit is torquey enough for me

Finally, i'm not an expert at this, please chime in and clarify if i have misstated anything
skymast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:29 PM   #13
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plum Quick Bandit + 500 AMP Controller OR Executioner w/ Stock Controller

Robbie at pq put the executioner and a 500a controller in my dads ds and then later i put #2 welding cable in for the batteries and then upgraded the selonid. we have 23" swamp fox tires on it and it runs almost 35mph.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:34 PM   #14
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I think you will be fine with the bandit and your configuration. You can always add a new controller and wires later if you desire more torque. That's the boat I'm in. Lots of speed, but now want more torque, as the cart is always running with 3-4 passengers.

BTW, how are your batts? Just put new Trojans in and wow
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #15
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

I find speed is less important than torque......

.............BUT

you do realize as you increase speed and motor size you reduce battery life between charges.....

i notice as i run on level ground at 24mph the batteries goes "DOWNSKY" a lot faster
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car