lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 86 DS problem

you have to pull the motor to check the brushes........but if you know the batteries are shot you need to replace them to get any real true dianostics if you find the brushes good.
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #12
cdeezy2003
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Burke View Post
Maybe you have a bad spot on the armature. Only way to find that is to pull the motor.
is there a write up anywhere on how to pull the motor apart? Im not scared to take it apart im just not sure if there is any "tricks" to it that could get me into trouble along the way. im thinkin about ordering the service book, are they good to have or are they not worth the money? ive seen car books that are completely worthless, but at the same time, the aircraft manuals that I read at work are pretty good.
cdeezy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

service manual is worth its weight in gold........once you get the motor out there are 3 very long screws holding the end cap on what you want to do is scribe 3 very different marks in the cap and the body so when you put it back togather you line it up just the same as when you took it off.......its not very hard just take your time..............................................
Old 10-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #14
cdeezy2003
Not Yet Wild

i think im gonna grab up a manual, Ill have to wait on it to get here so ill prally be waitin a week er so. that should give me time to do battery research. got any battery tips? im always lookin for the best deal!
Old 10-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

only advice i can offer is that battery maintence is as important as what brand batteries you buy...........................
Old 12-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #16
cdeezy2003
Not Yet Wild

whew, been awhile as Ive been caught up in workin on the drag car.....I got the manual to my cart in, its definitly as advertised because I went thru every check that the book had. If for no other reason just to get familier with what Im workin with. It sucks but Ive found the prallem to be the motor, three of the four brushes are seized in place, the surface of the brushes are very rough. the commutator is in rough shape also, on two of the "bars" there is missing material where it looks like it melted out. Ive called a few places to see about fixing it and im being told that the 1012190 motor is basicly junk and to buy another one, their sayin that it needs rewound and it will cost like $450 just for the rewind. now heres the new delima, a new motor is ballpark $500, new batteries, $600...paid $275 for the cart.....theres no way I am wanting to sink almost $1500 in a 1986 golf cart(I had to cut the shackle bolts and bottom shock bolts to drop the rear end) where can I get a used motor that will work for a more realistic price? do I throw in the towel and scrap this thing and start over? sorry for the long post.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can buy the brushes and the brush holder if needed fact you can buy almost every internal part.......and you can get a PQ motor for like 225 plus shipping......call rich hes a site sponser don,t don,t get alarmed cause the motor isn,t gonna cost near what your being told...........and you don,t have to go with tip top of the line batteries either.............bottom line you should be able to get that done for i,d say between 700 and 800 dollars...........1/2 of what your being told..........gotta love that manual though don,t ya.............................
Old 12-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #18
cdeezy2003
Not Yet Wild

that manual should come as mandatory reading before your legally allowed to work on these things!....what is a PQ motor? is that a brand? im new...lol...what is Richs point of contact? is there a link? I found the site sponser section but I dont know which one it is.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:29 PM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

they sell high speed motors and controllers things like that........yeah he is a sponser so should be a link for him......if you read thur enough post he even posts in this forum..........its PlumQuick.com or something like that...........but my point is you shouldn,t have to spend near 1500 for batteries and a motor. this link should work.....................

http://www.plumquick.com/
Old 12-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #20
cdeezy2003
Not Yet Wild

I will call them next week, thanks for the link, I checked out the website and hopefully he has something- his stock replacement for my application is listed at $500, mabe he will have something that isnt listed or he will accept my core for a bandit upgrade?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car