lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #11
ltmoeller
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48 to 12 volt reducer

Ok I know where to hook to the pack but which wires are + and - comming from the lights?
Tom
ltmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2011, 08:00 PM   #12
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Trigger, correct me if I'm wrong. Connect your reducer to the battery pack then disconnect the blue wire that is attached to battery #4 and connect that to the pos output of your reducer. I don't think you need to worry about the ground as it is already grounded via the factory harness back to battery #4.

The main thing here is to take the 12v feed (blue wire) from battery #4 and move it to your reducer so then your lights will be running off the whole pack through your reducer at 12v.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
trigger1937
Gone Wild

erict,... You and I know this is correct,.. but for the nervous nelly it is safe to add one more wire, if the converter output has a ground lead for the output.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
trigger1937
Gone Wild

itmoller,... As I have said,... the blue wire in the bucket is the master source for power to the front of the cart,... this includes all of the lights. I've told you what wires to connect so I don't understand your problem. What is confusing you??????
Old 10-12-2011, 06:35 AM   #15
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
erict,... You and I know this is correct,.. but for the nervous nelly it is safe to add one more wire, if the converter output has a ground lead for the output.
Out of curiosity, where would you connect the output ground lead from the converter/reducer if you will be utilizing the ground in the factory harness already? Should you disconnect the ground in the connector up front (dash) then wire the output ground from the converter/reducer to the connector up front?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #16
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Erict,... Ground is Ground is Ground..... The best place to connect it is at the negative terminal of #4 battery. This connects both the OBC and the Controller and the Converter to one common ground. I would also imagine that somewhere in the cart Club Car has connected the same ground to the chassis and the motor frame, but I would not swear to this. Maybe TahoeDawg or someone else that knows can answer that question.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #17
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Erict,... Ground is Ground is Ground..... The best place to connect it is at the negative terminal of #4 battery. This connects both the OBC and the Controller and the Converter to one common ground. I would also imagine that somewhere in the cart Club Car has connected the same ground to the chassis and the motor frame, but I would not swear to this. Maybe TahoeDawg or someone else that knows can answer that question.
Maybe I need a slap in the face. If the OBC and controller is already grounded, you are saying to ground them to the converter/reducer instead?

My response above pertained to the output neg on the converter/reducer and not the neg input.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #18
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Erict,... I said if the coverter has an extra output wire or terminal that is listed as "Ground",..then it would be safe and good to also connect it to the negartive terminal of the #4 battery. I did not say to disconnect anything.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #19
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

I just wired my converter in, but I had a problem this am driving kids to school. For some reason the the cart was moving with the tow/run in tow. I was going crazy thinking I screwed something up. I took the converter off and put the factory light harness back together and lights are fine, but the cart still moved with the tow/run in tow. WTH, I figured out the tow/run was bad, but why?? I'm running a temporary switch for now until I replace it and figure out what (if anything) I did to cause this.

As far as connecting the converter to the blue wire, I did that. I ended up with 50 volts at the lights. So that is not the correct way to do it. Ground is ground is ground, but these buggers are strange.

The way that worked for me was to run pos/neg from the converter and introduce it to the harness (in the dash). It worked, but I lost the 50 volts to my dash meter?? Still a work in progress.....
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #20
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Erict,... I said if the coverter has an extra output wire or terminal that is listed as "Ground",..then it would be safe and good to also connect it to the negartive terminal of the #4 battery. I did not say to disconnect anything.
Maybe it's the automotive side that keeps me confused Or maybe I'm confusing the input and output of the converter.

When I say input on converter, this is the neg wire to batt #4 and pos to batt #1 to get 12v from the whole pack. Output from converter would be to the 12v accessories and in this case a light kit.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car