lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #41
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Herky Jerky 2008 Precedent

so what your saying is you plan on staying busy.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2011, 12:42 PM   #42
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Shadowman,... Yes it is going to keep me busy. Since I'm not a "Brake Guy",.. maybe you could give me some advice. What they suggested was to remove the tension spring such that the shoes are loose from the back plate. Then put a small amount of Lithium grease on the back plate where the shoes rest. Also he suggested lubricating the "Self adjuster" with WD-40 but make sure I don't get any of this on the shoes. I'm not sure which part he was talking about that "Locks UP" but I assume it was the Self adjuster that works when the cart is backed up and brakes applied. Anyway, your suggestions would be helpful.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #43
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Shadowman,... Yes it is going to keep me busy. Since I'm not a "Brake Guy",.. maybe you could give me some advice. What they suggested was to remove the tension spring such that the shoes are loose from the back plate. Then put a small amount of Lithium grease on the back plate where the shoes rest. Also he suggested lubricating the "Self adjuster" with WD-40 but make sure I don't get any of this on the shoes. I'm not sure which part he was talking about that "Locks UP" but I assume it was the Self adjuster that works when the cart is backed up and brakes applied. Anyway, your suggestions would be helpful.
You will see an area on the backing plate where the shoes have been sliding/rubbing. This is the area you want to apply some lithium grease to help aid them to slide better. The self adjuster assembly is at the bottom and will have a wheel with notches. This is the assembly too apply WD40 to but as mentioned, make sure no lubricating material gets on the shoes.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:14 PM   #44
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
But officer, I used my brakes, I swear! Those people shouldn't have been on the sidewalk anyway! Dang walkers..
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 01:15 PM   #45
trigger1937
Gone Wild

erict,... thanks,.. I'll do that.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #46
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Wow,...It has really been awhile since I updated this sad story but since I have it fixed I thought I would bring this post up to date. I had proved the real problem was the brakes and I did the quick fix thing myself and found out that that fix would only last a day or so. It turns out there is a mechanism in the brakes that keeps adjusting them and they are supposed to "Balance" themselves or center them selves. We when I drive it one or two times the brakes seem to lock themselves out of position and continue to drag on the drum so I finally gave it up and had the Club Car Service tech come to my house to do the real adjustment. It turns out it took him almost two hours worth of work. Initially they felt that the shoes where just "Sticking" to the back plate and not self centering,..and that was true but all of the other adjustment parts were so corroded that they didn't work at all. The took everything off and cleaned out all of the "Gunk" and replaced the adjustment mechanism and then lubricated everything. Cost me $85 but it was really worth it. I've not had that problem again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car