lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Headlights Work When CC IS NOT Going

I would put it on a trailer instead of taking all of them out! Do you have a load tester? You can pick one up at tractor supply for $40.00. It's a good tool to have around with electric carts. Also for you car or truck with winter comming on!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #12
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
I would put it on a trailer instead of taking all of them out! Do you have a load tester? You can pick one up at tractor supply for $40.00. It's a good tool to have around with electric carts. Also for you car or truck with winter comming on!
THANKS that's a good idea and I didn't even think about looking there. We have one just down the road.
I'm assuming it's a good idea to disconnect the batteries though before doing any kind of load test, right?
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #13
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

I do unhook the main + and main - when I do anything with the batteries other than checking the voltage with a DMM.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I did a load test and found one battery that might be the problem so I took them all down to the Interstate Battery shop and they confirmed that one battery had a bad cell. They replaced that battery and I hooked everything back up and everything is working as normal.
thanks again.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx104u2nv View Post
Thanks to all for the suggestions. I did a load test and found one battery that might be the problem so I took them all down to the Interstate Battery shop and they confirmed that one battery had a bad cell. They replaced that battery and I hooked everything back up and everything is working as normal.
thanks again.
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

zx, have you confirmed that the lights are hooked into the blue wire on the 4th battery and not off of a converter or something else? Thats the typical wiring for the oem style light kit on the precedent. Was that the battery that happened to be bad? Running the lights and/or accessories off of the one battery all of the time works that battery harder than the rest and will make it wear down faster. When that battery gets weaker than the rest, it causes the rest to be charged longer to get the whole pack up to full charge. If you use the lights often, or are running a radio or something else as well, you might want to look into a converter or a separate battery to run your accessories and lights. Plenty of posts around here on the subject.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #17
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
zx, have you confirmed that the lights are hooked into the blue wire on the 4th battery and not off of a converter or something else? Thats the typical wiring for the oem style light kit on the precedent. Was that the battery that happened to be bad? Running the lights and/or accessories off of the one battery all of the time works that battery harder than the rest and will make it wear down faster. When that battery gets weaker than the rest, it causes the rest to be charged longer to get the whole pack up to full charge. If you use the lights often, or are running a radio or something else as well, you might want to look into a converter or a separate battery to run your accessories and lights. Plenty of posts around here on the subject.
Yep, the lights are hooked into the blue wire on the 4th battery and are OEM. I hardly ever run any of the accessories, but they all are connected to a converter. I think this battery has been bad since day one, because it's always "boiled" real bad. It wasn't until I pulled my utility trailer at night and had the headlights on that I think really put the final strain on it. I looked over everything and all seems well now. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on them.
thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car