lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #11
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What Batteries to buy for 2006 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
People love to bash Trojan, however the Trojans that I replaced lasted almost 5 years. Only one was technically bad, but I chose to replace 'em all anyway. I wish someone would show me proof that a particular battery was the best. All I have to go by is what my local cart mechanic says: "Trojans are the ones he would buy". Until someone does a proper scientific study, we will never know for sure. I say get whatever floats your cart!
I don't know of any scientific studies but my dealer turned my away from the Trojan's and they sell a bunch of Trojans. He told me that they have had more trouble with the Trojans than any of the other brands they sell. Even tops popping off brand new batteries when the picked them up. Not saying they are all bad but right now, there are better brands. Trojan was tops in golf cart batteries for years but I think they have been cutting cornors to keep profits high and stilll keep a competitive price.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouperdawg View Post
I have searched through the forum and found some threads, so I apologize if this has been posted before.

I need to buy some new batteries for my 48 v precedent quickly. I do not want to make the conversion to the 8 volts as suggested in other threads.

What brands are recommended and what would be a good price? I live in the Atlanta area. I am looking for the best value related to performance.

Thanks for any help!
No Sam's Club or CostCo near you??
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
They don't carry the 12v
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #14
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
I don't think they sell the 12v cart battery.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #15
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
I don't know of any scientific studies but my dealer turned my away from the Trojan's and they sell a bunch of Trojans. He told me that they have had more trouble with the Trojans than any of the other brands they sell. Even tops popping off brand new batteries when the picked them up. Not saying they are all bad but right now, there are better brands. Trojan was tops in golf cart batteries for years but I think they have been cutting cornors to keep profits high and stilll keep a competitive price.
I guess only time will tell...I think grouper waited too long to look for batteries, it's almost dark

Maybe one of the sponsors can donate 4 different batteries to me, so I can find out which one is the best
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
grouperdawg
Not Yet Wild

The only place I could find had the trojans, so I went ahead and bought them. They were $199 each, so there you have it. Thx for the help
grouperdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouperdawg View Post
The only place I could find had the trojans, so I went ahead and bought them. They were $199 each, so there you have it. Thx for the help
I guess if you need 'em "like now", you are gonna pay for 'em...It's okay grouper, they will last ya a while. Just don't forget they are only charged up about 75%, so put them on the charger and don't drive until the charger shuts off. Follow the break in procedures, because you don't wanna waste that $800.00 you just spent.

BTW: You just made shadow very happy!

Last edited by Stevec3201; 10-30-2011 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: added shadow comment
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:46 PM   #18
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: What Batteries to buy for 2006 Precedent

Previous post mentioned Deka batteries. I priced 8 volt Deka's and Sam's batteries.
Deka is $195, and Sam's are $78 (+ or-).

I would be hard presse to believe that the Deka batteries are 2.5 times better, and will last 2.5 times longer than the Deka.

Have fun, Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #19
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
Previous post mentioned Deka batteries. I priced 8 volt Deka's and Sam's batteries.
Deka is $195, and Sam's are $78 (+ or-).

I would be hard presse to believe that the Deka batteries are 2.5 times better, and will last 2.5 times longer than the Deka.
Have fun, Dave

erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:12 AM   #20
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Will we see grouperdog ever again?
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car