lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #11
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Default Re: Recommendations for which Club Car should I buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jantrree View Post
If you live near the salt water, I would stay with Club Car because of the aluminum frame. E Z Go has a steel frame. I have a 2010 Precedent that I use around the neighborhood and the golf course and its great. I have it set at speed setting 4 and that is plenty fast for what I need such as running down to the store and its faster than most of the carts on the course. it has a very nice comfortable ride.
Salt is bad enough, but acid is even worse on metals, but aluminium is tougher than steel in that aspect, plus it's lighter!
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #12
trigger1937
Gone Wild

I did a lot of digging when I decided to get rid of my 1996 CC Regen and my 1999 Yamaha. Both of them had serious problems with all kinds of parts corroding, especially the support base and the hold downs. I finally settled on the 2008.5 CC Precedent because of all of its features, speed adjustments, and finally the all fiberglass bucket. Which means there is nothing in that bucket to get messed up, especially if you pull up the two hold downs and clean and paint the shaft and coat the washer, nut and treads with the same stuff you protect the battery posts with. Search the net for info on the Precedent IQ, and look at the features built into the cart. Also,. as mentioned above,.. the 2008.5 tub is convertable for either 6-8volts batts or 4-12volts. It does take some new hold downs, but in looked in the tub the other day I see they have even included hold down locations for both versions.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:47 AM   #13
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Trigger, now that you mention it, I recently noticed the frame on a friends 2004 CC during a battery cleaning and one of his crossmembers under the batts. was pretty badly corroded. Acid is very unforgiving, even on aluminum! For sure something to keep in mind! I saw the "tub" you mentioned while "kicking" some tires. That is a pretty neat device. Do you know if one could be installed into an older model ?? Thanks for your input.- RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:34 AM   #14
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
I did a lot of digging when I decided to get rid of my 1996 CC Regen and my 1999 Yamaha. Both of them had serious problems with all kinds of parts corroding, especially the support base and the hold downs. I finally settled on the 2008.5 CC Precedent because of all of its features, speed adjustments, and finally the all fiberglass bucket. Which means there is nothing in that bucket to get messed up, especially if you pull up the two hold downs and clean and paint the shaft and coat the washer, nut and treads with the same stuff you protect the battery posts with. Search the net for info on the Precedent IQ, and look at the features built into the cart. Also,. as mentioned above,.. the 2008.5 tub is convertable for either 6-8volts batts or 4-12volts. It does take some new hold downs, but in looked in the tub the other day I see they have even included hold down locations for both versions.
I thought all Precedents have the fiberglass bucket? I know my 2005 CC does.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #15
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
I thought all Precedents have the fiberglass bucket? I know my 2005 CC does.
Mine appears to be made from heavy plastic?
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #16
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec3201 View Post
Mine appears to be made from heavy plastic?
Maybe that is what it is. I never looked really close to tell if it was fiberglass or just plastic
Old 11-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

High density polyethelene is great stuff for acid resistance and fairly inexpensive. Maybe that is what it is!!
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #18
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Bigstick40,... You are absolutely correct. In fact you bring up a great point that many on this web site should be aware of. Both my 1996 Club Car and my 1999 Yamaha had aluminum frames under that batteries. However, since the batteries are so "Tight" in that space you really can't see the aluminum chassis that supports the batteries. Both carts had severe corrosion of the chassis below the batteries. That is because there is nothing beneath those batteries and whatever boils over durning charge or OVERCHARGE goes directly onto the chassis.

For the CC Precedent, the "Plastic" tub catches anything that spills over or boils over and funnels all of it to specific holes in the bottom,..which do not fall on the chassis. So the Plastic tub protects the entire frame and chassis. What more can you ask for.

I might also mention that the batteries in my old cart boiled over several times and as a result it ate up the "Beautiful Garage Floor Epoxy Seal" I had put on the floor. Took it down below that and ate the concrete.

This is just one of the key reasons I decided on getting a newer Club Car like the Precedent IQ. Hope this helps others.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #19
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger1937 View Post
Bigstick40,... You are absolutely correct. In fact you bring up a great point that many on this web site should be aware of. Both my 1996 Club Car and my 1999 Yamaha had aluminum frames under that batteries. However, since the batteries are so "Tight" in that space you really can't see the aluminum chassis that supports the batteries. Both carts had severe corrosion of the chassis below the batteries. That is because there is nothing beneath those batteries and whatever boils over durning charge or OVERCHARGE goes directly onto the chassis.

For the CC Precedent, the "Plastic" tub catches anything that spills over or boils over and funnels all of it to specific holes in the bottom,..which do not fall on the chassis. So the Plastic tub protects the entire frame and chassis. What more can you ask for.

I might also mention that the batteries in my old cart boiled over several times and as a result it ate up the "Beautiful Garage Floor Epoxy Seal" I had put on the floor. Took it down below that and ate the concrete.

This is just one of the key reasons I decided on getting a newer Club Car like the Precedent IQ. Hope this helps others.
I didn't know that. I will inspect my bucket this spring when I replace my batteries but am glad I have the plastic bucket setup
Old 11-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #20
longhorngolfcarts
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would defintly stay with CC in coastal areas.

I would go with a 08 precedent wih 6 8v batt configuration.

If budget wont allow that, make sure you get a IQ cart
longhorngolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car