lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
petercook
Not Yet Wild

Default reconditioning old batteries

Anyone know alot about this? I have talk to some people that says it works. not to make it new but get some more life out of them. I have 2 yr old batt that have set 1 yr dead just wondering if i can help them buy me sum time
petercook is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: reconditioning old batteries

the best way is to fully charge, discharge (with discharge machine) and repeat several times with a heavy amp charger. (25 amp) what your trying to do is break up sulfation on battery plates. the epsom salt trick does this, but doesn't last.
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Use " scottyb's " break in for new batteries " It worked great for me! Here's a link to his site:http://www.cartsunlimited.net/
And while you're at it, read everything in the menu with the word " battery " in it. Lots of good info there!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yeah try what phil mentioned.....as for the other tricks like adding stuff its all temporary stuff if it works at all......couldn,t say how long it lasts but there are guys who have tried it and failed and other guys who have tried it and claimed their method worked..........................as far as i,m concerned i know its not cheap but if you can,t bring the batteries back the right way i would buy a new set and make sure from day 1 they are well maintained.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
golfcartthing
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
yeah try what phil mentioned.....as for the other tricks like adding stuff its all temporary stuff if it works at all......couldn,t say how long it lasts but there are guys who have tried it and failed and other guys who have tried it and claimed their method worked..........................as far as i,m concerned i know its not cheap but if you can,t bring the batteries back the right way i would buy a new set and make sure from day 1 they are well maintained.....................
x2
golfcartthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 09:36 AM   #6
rib33024

Here's some threads on this not much luck reconditioning them

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/searc...RID%3A11&hl=en
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Attachment 59438

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
carp1595
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Wink Re: reconditioning old batteries

My batteries are 5 yrs old. I only fill them after a full charge. I put distilled water and magnizium sulfate mix to top them off. I have a stock cart that was rebuilt in 2006 and has an Advance Hi Spd motor with a curtis controller 25864g05. Stock everything including battery cables. The old batteries still move the cart 17 mph by GPS on flat roads. Trojan 105's. I forgot what point I was trying to make?? Oh the magnizium sufate can be used as a laxitive too.
carp1595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #9
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp1595 View Post
My batteries are 5 yrs old. I only fill them after a full charge. I put distilled water and magnizium sulfate mix to top them off. I have a stock cart that was rebuilt in 2006 and has an Advance Hi Spd motor with a curtis controller 25864g05. Stock everything including battery cables. The old batteries still move the cart 17 mph by GPS on flat roads. Trojan 105's. I forgot what point I was trying to make?? Oh the magnizium sufate can be used as a laxitive too.
For you or the cart...
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car