lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
ejtodd1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: another charging problem

Thanks for your responses.
1) the 2GA wire fit through the OBC with any "help" so I think i'm okay there.
2) When the dealer checked the charger he just plugged it into something behind the counter and I saw the meter move most of the way to the right. He didn't tell mehow many amps. He just said it's fine.
3) I tried to get a reading from inside the socket from the red and black holes but go nothing. However, from the black and gray I got 48 volts?
4) The black wire from the socket goes straight back to the OBC and then back out to the controller as in the diagram.
5) I think I might replace the wire running from the neg. term. of the battery -thru the OBC - and to the contoller with the original wire and see if it the shielding on the 2 ga wire that is messing with the OBC.

Along with that I will triple check all the connections per the diagram.
ejtodd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejtodd1 View Post
the shielding on the 2 ga wire that is messing with the OBC.
Shielded cable or normal insulated cable . . . ?
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #13
ejtodd1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It's normal insolation. Black 2 GA stranded THHN.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #14
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

here's you problem you cart is calling for charge but you charger is NOT connected to the + and - of the batteries therefore no load and no amp draw.

trace back the charger socket wires . the red and black should connect directlyt to the plus and minus of the batteries
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes 10 gage red to pos terminal#1 battery and the black 10 gage goes to B- controller.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
ejtodd1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes Shadowman, That's the way it's hooked up. I'm pretty sure now there is something wrong with the receptacle so I have removed that and I'm going to bring it back to the dealer for testing. I'm also bringing the charger for a retest as well.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

in most cases when that cart has a receptical problem its in the grey wire somewhere.........have you tried pulling the grey wire to make sure it dosn,t come out of receptical?....................................... ..
Old 02-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #18
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

don't think it's the gray..cause his charger is CLICKING on
Old 02-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #19
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if its in the inner part of receptical where grey wire attaches to the female peice its possible charger will come on depending on just what part is bad......they used to have a real issue with that and certain carts when you bought a new OBC they also gave you the short peice of grey wire to put in receptical...............dosn,t mean its his problem but theres a chance......................
Old 02-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #20
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
if its in the inner part of receptical where grey wire attaches to the female peice its possible charger will come on depending on just what part is bad......they used to have a real issue with that and certain carts when you bought a new OBC they also gave you the short peice of grey wire to put in receptical...............dosn,t mean its his problem but theres a chance......................
yea ..but he is saying that he hears the charger click inside. which means the gray wire is activating the charger's power relay. but since there is no current flow ( and the charger was checked at the dealer for current flow ) it would be safe to assume there is a missing battery connection.

he also stated and i quote............................................. ..................
"3) I tried to get a reading from inside the socket from the red and black holes but go nothing. However, from the black and gray I got 48 volts?"

so it would seem the "red" wire terminal need close inspection back to where it connects to the battery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car