lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Tnhunter
Not Yet Wild

Default New to me cart ! First cart ever owned !

Well I have been in the market for a cart for a long time now to use as a yard cart/hunting cart, after emailing back and forth with Scottyb using his advice (which I really appreciate) I had just about decided to try and find a cart to build. Well went fishing with a friend Tuesday evening and as we were fishing the land owner pulls up to chat riding the cart......hmm !! You don't wanna sell that cart do ya ? well yes I'd be interested in selling !! (he has a badboy sitting in the garage also) the next afternoon I loaded it up !!

98' CC with Imaginative Man. 4x4 kit on it, D&D motor (not sure what size or which one) 550 amp controller. LED lights in dash/roof top, 4 ga cables, March 2011 energizer batteries, gun rack, brush guard, front basket, roof top basket, rear flip seat, camo'd, etc etc. Pretty much every thing I was wanting to do to a cart with the bonus of 4x4 !! I am REALLY surprised at what a difference the 4x4 makes and what the cart will climb.

Being a first timer I do have some questions, I have gotten it out and rode it the last couple evenings just to get familiar with it and so on. I have noticed especially today that the F/R lever and body panel around it gets really hot, is this normal or should I replace or upgrade the F/R switch ?

How do I go about seeing what style of motor I have ? I assume I can reference the numbers to a speck sheet from D & D but figured you guys can tell me exactly what I need to look at.

Anyhow thanks for reading and sorry for the long post, feel free to through some advice or opinions my way !!
Gonna try it out this weekend for Tn opening turkey season !!
Tnhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: New to me cart ! First cart ever owned !

It should have a heavy duty one in it for sure. Take a pic of it and post it. I'll let you know what you've got.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yes sir you want a HD F&R for sure, looks like a nice enough cart.....if its a D+D motor i,d guess its an 11 or 12 HP......make sure you keep those batteries maintained as one thing i have found with that brand is they are a decent battery if well maintained BUT if you let them get to discharged they are near impossible to bring back to life which was one of the reasons i never liked them..........other brand batteries that were left in the same condition there was always a chance of bringing them back but not those they just wanted no parts of it..............just keep on top of them........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good lookin cart,,
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Well about the only advice I can give you, besides what has already been given, is to enjoy the heck out of that fine lookin' machine. Great find!

BTW Welcome to the forum. Post some pics of what you get into ( and out of) with that 4x4 set-up. I am sure I am not the only one who would to see that.
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
toogood4ubalius79
Gone Wild
Club Car

Welcome
toogood4ubalius79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
Tnhunter
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It should have a heavy duty one in it for sure. Take a pic of it and post it. I'll let you know what you've got.
Sorry for the slow response (been turkey hunting) and I appreciate your help ! Here is a pic from my cell of the switch and the motor, if you need more I will snap some more.

I believe my problem is in the switch so I think I will go ahead and order a new one.
What is your opinion on the cables ? Should I upgrade in size going to the motor ?
Old 03-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the orange cable looks a little funky.............................
Old 03-31-2012, 07:07 PM   #9
Tnhunter
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
the orange cable looks a little funky.............................
Lol !! Yep, first on the list to be replaced !
Old 03-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you look behind it where it meets the plastic that looks melted back there...........................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car