lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
jpb31
Not Yet Wild

Default ezgo rxv

i have a ezgo 2009 rxv cart i have put a six inch lift kit and 22 inch tires and 4 brand new trojan 12 volt batteries it will run about 25 mph and seems to have power as long as i am moving. but from a dead stop on a hill it does not have enough torqe to make it up the hill.they have tried a couple several programs but stilll cant get the low end torqe from a dead stop, i will be using this cart off road for hunting can someone tell me what i can do to get torqe thanks ..james
jpb31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgot rxv

I have looked everywhere for the same answer. Mine is on 23" tires and no low end torque. The cheapest answer seems to be to sale the cart and start over with a TXT or something that can be upgraded. Due to the fact that the motor does all the breaking there doesn't seem to be any options that are cost effective. My research has led me to the only option is to change rear ends with a TXT model in order to get brakes. Than you have to get a pedal that has a parking brake feature like on a gas TXT and make it all fit on your RXV. After you do all that you can upgrade AC motor and controller for around $2000, and have a 12 hp motor and 600 amp controller. If you find a better solution please let me know as I have 2 RXV's one stock one tricked out. Just an FYI the stock one goes up hills with ease.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ezgo rxv

It looks like the only option is to put a two speed rear end under it.I emailed http://imaginativemfg.com/imaginativemfg2_003.htm. To see if the offer a rear end for the RXV. If they do it has a 20:1 on low speed which should be the 19.5 mph from the factory and increase the torque.
Rhoughton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
jpb31
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoughton1 View Post
It looks like the only option is to put a two speed rear end under it.I emailed http://imaginativemfg.com/imaginativemfg2_003.htm. To see if the offer a rear end for the RXV. If they do it has a 20:1 on low speed which should be the 19.5 mph from the factory and increase the torque.
that looks promising please let us know what you find out please.... i also have 2 easy go dealers working on this. they have tried every program they have there are 7 programs on the rsv programer but none of them have any torque from 1 to 3 mph after 3 mph there is all kinds of torque. they claim there is a option on the programer that needs a pass word from ezgo that will unlock a safety speed sensor and restore full low end torque it was designed for golf corses to keep the carts from spining off on the greens this code should restore full low end torque to the ac motor
but the ezgo factory is closed for 2 weeks they are revamping there factory as soon as they open back up we are hoping they can get this solved
Old 07-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would love to hear what that website has to say Rhoughton1. I would assume that if someone finds a solution it will make its way onto this thread.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Scott replied and said They will have one soon as they are testing one now. It will require removing the outter ring on the motor and sending it to them so they can machine it to fit their axle.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
jpb31
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoughton1 View Post
Scott replied and said They will have one soon as they are testing one now. It will require removing the outter ring on the motor and sending it to them so they can machine it to fit their axle.
yea but its 1300 dollars for the rear end and the machining pretty pricey.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There doesn't seem to be a cost effective fix. Would like to hear what someone who has one in a RXV thinks about the 2 speed rear end before dropping $1300 thou.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
Rhoughton1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Currently no one has one in a RXV as they are not available yet. Yes 1300 seams steep but what would a new motor and controller cost to get the same performance.and then you lose batter life with a bigger motor and controller. And you have the option for a true four wheel drive.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #10
davidgenes
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

This seems odd to me - in my experience, the RXV torque is impressive to say the least! I only have 18" tires (get 21mph according to GPS), so that is a serious difference, but I have had 5 people on it - and they were all close to as big as me (probably a good 1000lbs in people) and had no slowdown at all on hills or acceleration..

These suckers go! . . . . (when the brakes aren't locked up)

I am not doubting your experience, it just surprises me - I guess I just kind of figured you could throw about anything at these suckers and they wouldn't falter!
davidgenes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
torqe
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO