lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2007, 03:22 PM   #1
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Yamaha Genius System Programmer

Yamaha's drive uses an infrared port to access diagnostics as well as a few other things. Has anyone seen this programmer or can the software be used by an infrared enabled PDA. Basically, I want this software or a programmer.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Genius System Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Yamaha's drive uses an infrared port to access diagnostics as well as a few other things. Has anyone seen this programmer or can the software be used by an infrared enabled PDA. Basically, I want this software or a programmer.
Actually "Gmax" (g22) and "The Drive" (G29) use "Genuis" software loaded to a PDA (that is infrared reading capable, most are). There are several programs, "Diagnossis" and "Programing" are the most common. You also need the "the plug in reader attatchment", that attatches to the wire harness. These programs will alow you to "Diagnoss" and/or set the "Regen" settings. Also with the purchase of a "PTV Upgrade" code you can get 19 mph with no motor or controller change. Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
jquackenbush
Not Yet Wild

I just purchased a new 2009 Yamaha 48V Drive. I also purchased the Standard PTV Light Kit on-line from a dealer. I guess the part is in backorder with no expected delivery date soon. I was hoping to get the speed programming done while I wait for the parts. Anyone know the code?

Has anyone found a programmer, software, and interface?
jquackenbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

I have a Genius System Programmer but all it allows you to do is adjust the regen settings as well as perform diagnostics, battery hours and trouble codes. There is 2 different things as far as programming....there is the Genius system and then there is PVT that will allow you to dial up the MPH to go faster than 20 MPH. In order to get the PVT codes you supply the serial number from the controller and the cart to Yamaha, Yamaha then gives the dealer the codes and the dealer can then reprogram the controller to go faster than 20 MPH. You can't do this with the standard Genius System Programmer. Only a dealer can do PVT as far as I've ever been told. Also, in order to get the PVT code you have to buy the PVT package which includes lights, mirrors etc.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Roady's right, only a dealer can get the PTV code. Even set at the max speed regen setting...you will only get 19 MPH. That's the number Yamaha set for the ptv option.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
jquackenbush
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your response.
jquackenbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

As far as the programmer I use a Palm PDA with the Genius Software and then the other part is an infrared adapter that plugs into the wiring harness. Everything is done wireless through infrared. If I can remember I will snap some pics of it. Dont know the part number for the infrared adapter but I think its in the yamaha manual.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
kmedian
Not Yet Wild

How do you get the file or stuff to use it.
(x) Got palm pilot
(x) got stuff to put files on it.
Now what.
Where do you get it.
Do you download it ( from where, links please)
do you have it on file and can send it to me?
Any help is greatly appriciated.
kmedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #9
rlowe
Not Yet Wild

Honestly, I gave up on getting this information. It seems that even the Yamaha dealers in my area don't have the programmers. I also think that the PTV codes are a joke. I have a cart that has add on lights and mirrors, but I think Yamaha wants us to buy their kits to get the speed codes. Only option left is a motor / controller swap. Wonder if one just swapped the controller on these if it would allow us to get the full potential of the motor.
rlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlowe View Post
Honestly, I gave up on getting this information. It seems that even the Yamaha dealers in my area don't have the programmers. I also think that the PTV codes are a joke. I have a cart that has add on lights and mirrors, but I think Yamaha wants us to buy their kits to get the speed codes. Only option left is a motor / controller swap. Wonder if one just swapped the controller on these if it would allow us to get the full potential of the motor.
Sorry, your local Yamaha golf car dealers weren't willing to help you. Yes, Dealers had to go and sighn up to offer this. Is PTV upgrade a joke??? I'm not laughing. If you want more then 19 mph, a motor upgrade for shure, on the flat's it may not need a controller upgrade, anything else, you'll need to upgrade the controller (higher amp rateing). There are aftermarket "programable controllers", it's your call.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha