lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps


Post New Thread  Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin
 
Honorstick's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 841
Default Harbor Freight not selling 420cc clone?

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody knows if Harbor Freight quit selling the 420cc clone. I don't find it listed on their site anymore and I don't have a store close by to stop and ask.?

Just curious.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum
   
Old 10-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
1moretoy
Never really finished
 
1moretoy's Avatar
Mixed Breed
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,102
Default Re: Harbor Freight not selling 420cc clone?

The last few times in went into the local store they only have the 212 and 346
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,942
Default Re: Harbor Freight not selling 420cc clone?

I noticed that too. But I found this
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#.UJGOd0ZL20c
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
Honorstick
Gone Wild Still Learnin
 
Honorstick's Avatar
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 841
Default Re: Harbor Freight not selling 420cc clone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
I noticed that too. But I found this
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...1#.UJGOd0ZL20c
Ya I seen those but I like the 20% off coupons from Harbor.
Honorstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
slim67
Gone Wild
Club Car
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 470
Default Re: Harbor Freight not selling 420cc clone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorstick View Post
Hey guys, just wondering if anybody knows if Harbor Freight quit selling the 420cc clone. I don't find it listed on their site anymore and I don't have a store close by to stop and ask.?

Just curious.
Unless theres something bad I dont know about them, it seems MaxTool has the best deal on the 16 hp clone. 300 plus free shipping and thats for electric start.
slim67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
Goochy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
Default Re: Harbor Freight not selling 420cc clone?

http://www.maxtool.com/us/products/XP16HPE.asp

so what all does someone have to do to make this work in a 1999 Ez Go

Engine Plate mount
Engine
Thats less than $500.00
What other cost ?

I guess you take the factory gas tank off new engine and use stock gas tank ? What about starter ? Could someone do this with limited tools in a garage ? Is there a link to walk someone though this . I am new to carts and VERY lost . I have to have a engine soon , $1000 to rebuild stock 295cc , $1700.00 for NEW stock 11 hp 350cc with carb , header , and muffler , both turn key deals from dealer . I would love to save some cash and have a BIGGER engine !! Any thoughts ??
Goochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator
 
Xtreme Cartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,012
Default Re: Harbor Freight not selling 420cc clone?

I saw recently the 420cc was still in their ad book that comes in the mail
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:23 AM   #8
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 1,942
Default Re: Harbor Freight not selling 420cc clone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goochy View Post
http://www.maxtool.com/us/products/XP16HPE.asp

so what all does someone have to do to make this work in a 1999 Ez Go

Engine Plate mount
Engine
Thats less than $500.00
What other cost ?

I guess you take the factory gas tank off new engine and use stock gas tank ? What about starter ? Could someone do this with limited tools in a garage ? Is there a link to walk someone though this . I am new to carts and VERY lost . I have to have a engine soon , $1000 to rebuild stock 295cc , $1700.00 for NEW stock 11 hp 350cc with carb , header , and muffler , both turn key deals from dealer . I would love to save some cash and have a BIGGER engine !! Any thoughts ??
Here on the forum there is tons of threads about clone engine swaps. Just check the big block section. Some people buy the electric start versions and use the key to start and keep it running and some people wire up the factory start/gen so the new bigger engine starts and stops with the gas pedal.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:50 AM   #9
rjc799
Gone Wild
 
rjc799's Avatar
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SouthEastern VA
Posts: 406
Default Re: Harbor Freight not selling 420cc clone?

I just got a coupon in the mail for the 420cc at HF for $299.
rjc799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #10
Goochy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
Default Re: Harbor Freight not selling 420cc clone?

so what engine is better ? HF or max tool ?
Goochy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
harbor freight 13hp into ez go Big Block Talk!
Harbor Freight Coupon Garage and Workshop
Harbor Freight Engine Clone Engine Swaps
Harbor Freight Engine??? Gas Yamaha


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Club Car Electric | EZGO Electric | Lifted Golf Carts | Gas EZGO | Used Golf Carts and Parts

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.